It’s been five years since Zeynep’s first visit to Svaychey and the Step2Foundation continues to grow. The Foundation’s dedication to education is working to break the poverty cycle for those who need it most.
We’ve recently gained registration as an Australian charity, supported four determined young women to continue their study at the Australian Centre for Education in Siem Reap, and are running a major fundraising raffle to be drawn in September.
Here’s what we have planned for 2017
- Expand English learning program through further curriculum development using ACE (Australian Centre for Education) and volunteer Australian teachers
- Grow the computer access and facilities within Svaychey Village English School
- Continue development of school infrastructure and build further resources in village communities
- Increase Khmer/English teacher employment program through mentoring local students and teachers linking with ACE
- Expand literacy program with addition of further English Language books for the Library
- Introduce health promotion programs through links with other NGO groups in Cambodia
- Clean water project in Svaychey Village
- Expand the school infrastructure to include community housing for volunteer and local teachers
- Continue providing food aid and establish volunteer teacher program to Lolie village community in Siem Reap
- Continue to develop Volunteer Teacher program in collaboration with Melbourne based organisation Volunteer Abroad
Keen to help?
If you’d like to help make a difference to the lives of students in Cambodia consider supporting the Step2Foundation by donating or volunteering.
- Join our team! Do you have skills in teaching English, Music or Health Promotion? Contact the Step2Foundation or Volunteer Abroad directly to find out more.
- Donate to a grass roots organisation with a proven record for implementing life changing projects. Donations support